Saturday, March 3, 2012

My Kind of Alternative Ending : L'Escargot

1#
Tai Ting : You drank with who? *points at empty cup*
Joyce : It's Ka Lok. She left.
Tai Ting : Left?
Joyce : She's going to Australia. She also told you not to go to the airport.
Tai Ting : Joyce, I have to go. I'll explain everything once I get back.

So, Tai Ting rushes off to the airport. On the way there, there was an accident. It was a bumper to bumper crawl.

Tai Ting : Please don't leave just yet! I have a lot to tell you! (whispers to himself)

By the time the jam was clear, around 30-45 minutes have passed. So, he sped all the way to the airport. A police officer asked him to stop but he kept driving towards the airport. Once there, he stopped his car at the departure entrance and runs off to find for Ka Lok. The police officer was chasing after him. He looked for the departure gate to Australia. He saw the departure time to Australia on a signboard. It stated the departure time to be 4.45 p.m.

Tai Ting : *telling himself in his mind* That means Ka Lok haven't boarded the plane.

So, he went to look for her at the waiting area near the departure gate. He didn't see her and started to panic. He rushed to the departure gate wanting to pass through but the attendants didn't allow him as he does not have the plane ticket for that specific flight.

Tai Ting : Please, let me pass!! My girlfriend is in there!! I want to see her!! I have a lot to tell her!!
Attendant : I'm sorry, sir. We really can't let you pass unless you tell me what's her name and maybe we could get to her.
Tai Ting : It's Kwan Ka Lok.

Ka Lok : Tai Ting?

Tai Ting turn around to see that she haven't boarded the plane. He ran to her and hug her.

Ka Lok : Tai Ting, what are you doing here? I thought I asked you not to come?
Tai Ting : I'm stupid if I didn't come. I have a lot to tell you.

Lo and behold, the police officer caught up with Tai Ting and scolded him.

Police officer : Sir, did you know you were speeding? Not only that, you didn't stop when I told you to. That's two offences!!
Tai Ting : Sorry, sir!!
Ka Lok : *whispers to Tai Ting* You are really stupid! *giggles*

***********************************************************************************

Tai Ting and Ka Lok got married and had twins. Joyce continued to be an art teacher at the primary school.

Tai Ting : I really don't know what would happen to me if I didn't chase after you to the airport.
Ka Lok : You would be with Joyce, silly!
Tai Ting : If you asked me then and now who I love the most, it would still be you. If I were to be with Joyce, I'm scared I'll regret that.
Ka Lok : *blushes*
Tai Ting : I'll promise that I'll love you forever and I'll be a filial husband.
Ka Lok : I'll love you too! *calls after the twins* Come here. Wah, both of you play until you're all sweaty.
Tai Ting : *laughs and helps Ka Lok wipe the sweat off them*



THE END!!



#2
At the hospital after Tai Ting's accident.

Tai Ting : Ka Lok, I'm sorry that I've hurt you. I didn't mean it. I understand if you are still angry at me. But, I really hope you aren't.
Ka Lok : I'm not angry at all. You should be the one angry at me. I've hurt you the most.
Tai Ting : *silent for awhile and grabs Ka Lok's hand* Ka Lok, I know you've done a lot for me. I'm grateful for that, but I'm still not over your affair with Jim. I really hope for the both of us to go back together, but I can't let go of that matter. I'm sorry! I hope we can still be friends.
Ka Lok : I understand. I shouldn't have lied to you in the beginning. I was naive and stupid. If I were you, I would do the same thing. Sure, we would still be friends.

They looked into each other eyes for a moment. Joyce came in with the fruits and dessert for Tai Ting.

Ka Lok : I have to go. I've got lunch with my family. Bye Tai Ting, bye Joyce.
Tai Ting : Bye.
Joyce : Bye Ka Lok.

Joyce : I've brought fruits and desserts for you.
Tai Ting : Joyce, I have something to tell you.
Joyce : Wait, let me go wash the fruits first. *she was about to leave*
Tai Ting : It's really important. Please, listen to me!

Joyce walks back and sits next to Tai Ting.

Tai Ting : Joyce, I really want to thank you for being by my side when I was in my lowest point. You really helped me a lot. I'm so grateful. And, I'm also sorry for using you that time. I just wanted revenge on your brother.
Joyce : It's ok. I understand.
Tai Ting : You've been through a lot because of me. I-
Joyce : *cuts him* Really, I understand. You needn't say more.
Tai Ting : Even if you don't want to hear this, I still have to say. You're a good girl. A lot of guys will fall for you. But, the feelings I have for you is just out of kindness. My heart still belongs to Ka Lok, but the both of us will never be together after what had happened. I hope you won't get angry at me and I hope we will still be friends.
Joyce : *starts crying*

Joyce stood up and left.

Tai Ting : Joyce!

***********************************************************************************

A few years later, Tai Ting's business has grown. He is doing well in the property business. Ka Lok on the other hand went to Australia to study and work at the same time. As for Joyce, she quit her job at the primary school and travelled to Japan to continue her studies in art.

One day, Tai Ting went to that fountain (where he and Ka Lok usually had sandwiches). He sat down at one of the benches and was reminiscing what happened at that place a few years ago. He smiled to himself.

Ka Lok came back since it was a holiday for her. She was at another side of the fountain. She sat near the fountain and was playing with the water.

Joyce coincidentally was there, practicing on a new method to take pictures on her new DSLR.

A little girl was chasing after her dog when she tripped and fell. She started crying. Ka Lok, who was the nearest, went to her aid. Tai Ting went to chase after the dog to catch it. Joyce was taking pictures of what was happening.

Ka Lok was soothing the little girl. Tai Ting came back with the little girl's dog. Joyce went to see if she could help.

Ka Lok : There, there. You're alright now. (to the little girl)

Tai Ting : Here, I got your dog.

Joyce : Is there anything I can help with?

Three of them said that at the same time. They heard each other's familiar voice and turn to look at each other. Three of them smiled.


THE END!!

So, how's my version on the ending for the three of them? Which one you prefer the most?

No comments:

Post a Comment